Makes 8 (1 cup) Servings
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1/2 cup diced onion (1/2 medium onion)
2 fennel bulbs, chopped (can use 2 stalks celery)
2 carrots, sliced in 2 inch sticks
1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes, with juice
1 medium potato, diced
1 zucchini (sliced 1/4 inch thick)
2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
1 cup broth
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a deep pot, heat 1 tablespoon of oil.
- Add onions and fennel and sauté until they are soft.
- Add the rest of the vegetables and 1 cup broth (or
water and vegetable broth cubes).
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Cover and simmer slowly for 30 minutes or until carrots
and potatoes are tender.
- If soup gets too dry or thick, add more broth.
Recipe adapted from: Food Hero https://foodhero.org/recipes/veggie-stew