8 eggs, scrambled
¼ c. low fat milk
1 small onion, chopped
2 cups kale, chopped
1 c. cherry tomatoes, cut in half
¼-1/2 c. shredded cheese
1-2 tablespoons olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
- Scramble eggs along with milk, set aside.
- Add olive oil, chopped kale and onions to medium sized pan and cook over medium heat until kale starts to wilt.
- Add eggs to the pan. Stir to spread out the ingredients.
- Stir in shredded cheese.
- While the top is still liquid sprinkle in cherry tomatoes.
- Cover the pan and let cook for about 5 minutes. If there is still liquid on the top, turn down the heat cover and let continue to cook.
- Some people like to finish frittatas in the oven. If that is the case, after 5 minutes of cooking place pan in preheated 350 oven until eggs are fully cooked (another 5-7 minutes).
Nutrition information: Servings 8. Per serving 132 calories, 4 g carbohydrate, 9 g fat, 9 g protein
Recipe from: Feeding Pennsylvania