1 cup shredded cheese
1 tablespoon oil
1 small onion, diced
Salt and pepper
1 (15.5 ounce) can* black beans
1 cup fresh, frozen or canned* corn
1 teaspoon total of a mix of cayenne pepper and/or cumin
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease 12 cups of a muffin tin with oil/butter.
- Whisk 12 eggs plus pinch of salt and pepper together in a bowl. Add shredded cheese (optional).
- In a pan, cook diced onion with oil until soft.
- Stir black beans and corn into onions. Add spices. Cook about 5-7 more minutes.
- Place cooked vegetables into muffin tin. Pour egg mix over vegetables
- Bake 12-15 minutes until the egg is just set.
- Eat right away or when they are baked and fully cooled, put in freezer bags to freeze and eat later.