Makes 2-4 servings
1/2 cup onion, diced
1 cup potato, diced
1 cup turnip, diced
1 cup carrot, diced
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/4 cup water
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
Pepper, to taste
- Heat a pan over medium heat. Add olive oil and onion.
Cook for about 3 minutes.
- Add in diced potato, turnip and carrots. Season with
garlic powder and Italian seasoning. Cook for 5 more
minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add water and cover pan with a lid.
- Turn heat to low and cook 8-10 minutes. Take the lid off
and cook 5 more minutes.
- Crack eggs on top of vegetable mixture and cook for
about 5-8 more minutes until eggs are cooked.
Tip: If you don’t have turnips, add more carrots and potatoes. Bell peppers could also be added to this dish.
Recipe from: Feeding Pennsylvania