Makes 12 Servings
2 cups flour
6 teaspoons brown sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 1/4 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice (or cinnamon)
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup pumpkin (canned)
1 3/4 cups milk, low-fat
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1. Combine flour, brown sugar, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice and salt in a large mixing bowl.
2. In a medium bowl, combine egg, canned pumpkin, milk and vegetable oil, mixing well.
3. Add wet ingredients to flour mixture, stirring just until moist. Batter may be lumpy. (For thinner batter, add more milk).
4. Lightly coat a griddle or skillet with cooking spray and heat on medium.
5. Using a 1/4 cup measure, pour batter onto hot griddle. Cook until bubbles begin to burst, then flip pancakes and cook until golden brown, 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 minutes. Repeat with remaining batter. Makes about 12, 3 1/2-inch pancakes.
Recipe from: Kansas Family Nutrition Program, MyPlate Kitchen