Makes 4-6 servings
8 oz (about 2 cups) uncooked whole wheat pasta
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 pound of asparagus, cut into 1 inch pieces
1/2-1 teaspoon garlic powder
2 cups cherry tomatoes, cut in half
1 cup shelled peas (fresh or frozen)
1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
Black pepper to taste
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- While the pasta noodles are cooking, heat oil in a skillet.
- Add asparagus and garlic powder to the skillet and
cook for about 3 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and peas to the asparagus and cook
for 2 more minutes.
- Pour chicken broth into the pan and bring to a simmer.
- Stir in cooked pasta, parmesan cheese and black pepper.
Tip: If desired, can be served with pasta sauce. Other vegetables,
such as green beans or carrots, can be used in place of asparagus.
Recipe from: Utah State University Cooperative Extension, MyPlate Kitchen