1 pound lean ground beef
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 clove garlic, chopped
1 onion, chopped
1 green pepper, chopped
1 small head of green cabbage, cut
1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
2 tablespoons tomato paste
1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes, not
1 teaspoon smoked paprika
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1/2 cup low sodium beef broth
Salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat a large pot over medium heat. Add the ground beef and season with salt and
pepper. Cook until browned, about 5 minutes. Remove the beef from the pot to a
plate and set to the side.
- Add olive oil and garlic to the pot and cook for 30 seconds. Then, add onion and
peppers. Cook over medium heat until the onions are clear, about 5 minutes.
- Add the cabbage, tomato sauce, tomato paste, and canned diced tomatoes to the
pot and stir.
- Stir in paprika, Worcestershire sauce and broth. Add the cooked beef back into the
- Turn the heat to high and bring to a boil. After it starts to boil, turn the heat to low
to simmer (bubble) and cover with a lid. Allow to simmer over low heat for