1 cup shredded cheese
1 tablespoon oil
1 small onion, diced
Salt and pepper
2 cups chopped fresh spinach (or 1 cup frozen)
1 (14.5 ounce) can* diced tomatoes (or 1 1/2 cups fresh diced tomatoes)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease 12 cups of a muffin tin with oil/butter.
- Whisk 12 eggs plus pinch of salt and pepper together in a bowl. Add shredded cheese (optional).
- In a pan, cook diced onion with oil until soft.
- Stir spinach and diced tomatoes into onions. Add spices. Cook about 5-7 more minutes.
- Place cooked vegetables and feta cheese into muffin tin. Pour egg mix over vegetables.
- Bake 12-15 minutes until the egg is just set.
- Eat right away or when they are baked and fully cooled, put in freezer bags to freeze and eat later.
*Rinse and drain any canned items that you use.
**Use feta in place of shredded cheese in this recipe.