Makes 4 servings
2 cups leeks, chopped
1 tablespoon oil
2 cups mushrooms, sliced
1 cup dry orzo (rice shaped pasta) or rice
2 cups chicken or vegetable broth
1 1/2 cups tomato, chopped
3 tablespoons cream cheese
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper
1. Sauté leeks in oil in a medium skillet over medium heat,
stirring occasionally, until the leeks are soft (about 5 minutes).
2. Add mushrooms and cook until soft (about 5 minutes).
3. Stir in the orzo and toast lightly, stirring frequently, for
about 3 minutes.
4. Add broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to simmer,
stirring occasionally, until the orzo is almost tender,
about 8 minutes.
5. Add the tomatoes and simmer until orzo is tender (about
6. Remove from heat and stir in cream cheese, garlic
powder, salt and pepper. Serve warm.
Recipe from: Food Hero