1 bunch of kale
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 250 degrees and spray two rimmed baking sheets with non-stick spray. Set aside.
- Wash kale and allow to fully dry before you start. Pat dry with paper towels to speed up drying time.
- Once kale is dry, cut the greens free of the tough stem in the middle. Cut into “chip size” bites, about the same size.
- Add the kale to a medium sized bowl and drizzle with oil. Massage the oil into the kale with your hands. Then sprinkle with salt and give a quick toss.
- Split the kale evenly between the two baking sheets, make a single layer on each pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes, then flip the chips with a spatula or kitchen tongs, and bake for 5-8 more minutes, or until the edges are slightly golden. Watch closely to avoid burning.
- Once out of the oven, allow chips to cool for 3 minutes to reach peak crispiness. Enjoy right away.
Note: Add other spices you like when you add the salt in this recipe to enjoy it a bunch of different ways!