Makes 4 (1 cup) Servings
8 cups kale (or other greens such as collards, Swiss chard or spinach)
2 teaspoons vegetable oil
2 large carrots, peeled and cut in thin strips or
1 clove garlic, chopped or 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon ground coriander (optional)
1 pinch cayenne pepper (optional)
1 tablespoon vinegar
1 1/2 teaspoons low-sodium soy sauce
- Wash kale and separate leaves from stems if needed.
- Slice stems crosswise, if using. Chop or slice leaves into thin strips.
- Heat oil in large pan over medium-high heat (350 degrees in
an electric skillet).
- Add carrots and stems, if separated; cook for 2 minutes. Add
garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Add kale, salt, pepper, coriander and cayenne, if desired. Stir often.
- When greens have turned bright green and begun to wilt, remove
from heat. Sprinkle vinegar and soy sauce over the top.
Toss gently and serve.
- Cooked brown rice or cooked quinoa go well with this recipe.
Recipe from: Food Hero