Makes 4 Servings
1 pound frozen pollock, or other white fish,
such as haddock or cod (partially thawed)
1/2 cup flour
2 egg whites, beaten
3/4 cup whole wheat bread crumbs
2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
1. Place rack in center and heat oven to 450 degrees. Spray baking sheet with cooking spray.
2. Cut Pollock into strips 1-inch wide (easiest when fish is partially, rather than fully, thawed) and place on baking sheet.
3. Mix breading ingredients (bread crumbs, parmesan cheese and pepper) in a shallow dish; place flour and egg whites in separate dishes.
4. Dip fish sticks in flour, then in egg whites, then breading mix, coating evenly.
5. Return coated fish sticks to baking sheet, spacing evenly. Cook fish until it is 145 degrees, about 10-12 minutes, and golden brown, turning as needed.
Recipe from: Produce For Better Health Foundation, MyPlate Kitchen