Makes 4 Servings
1 spaghetti squash
1 teaspoon oil
1 cup onion, chopped
1 cup bell pepper, chopped
1 tablespoon Italian herbs
2 teaspoons garlic powder (optional)
1 (15 ounce) can white beans, drained and rinsed
1 (15 ounce) can low-sodium tomato sauce
1/2 cup low-fat shredded mozzarella cheese
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Use a knife to poke squash all over. Microwave on a microwave-safe plate for 5 minutes. Allow squash to cool and cut in half. Scoop out seeds.
3. Place squash halves cut-side down on the plate. Microwave for 10 minutes.
4. Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add onion, pepper and seasoning. Cook for 5 minutes. Add beans and sauce. Stir to mix.
5. Remove squash from the microwave. Cool slightly. Use a fork to scrape squash out of the skin. Add squash and tomato mixture to baking dish. Stir to mix.
6. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake for 15 minutes.
Recipe from: Greater Pittsburgh Community Food Bank