Makes 48 servings
1 3/4 cups winter squash (butternut, hubbard, pumpkin, etc.), cooked and pureed
1 1/2 cups brown sugar
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 1/2 cups flour
1 1/4 cups whole wheat flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 teaspoon nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1 cup raisins
1 cup walnuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix pureed squash, brown sugar, eggs and oil thoroughly.
- Blend dry ingredients and add to pumpkin mixture.
- Add raisins and nuts.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls on greased cookie sheet.
- Bake 10-12 minutes until golden brown.
Tip: Canned pumpkin could be used in this recipe. Simply leave ginger and nutmeg out if you don’t have them, the cookies will still be tasty with just cinnamon.
Recipe adapted from: Oregon State University Cooperative Extension Service,
MyPlate Kitchen https://www.myplate.gov/recipes/supplemental-nutrition-assistance-program-snap/pumpkin-cookies