1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed (or 2 cups cooked chickpeas)
1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
1 (7-9 oz.) package of seasoned rice
1 (12-oz.) package of frozen spinach
Salt and pepper, to taste
Grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Dry chickpeas between 2 paper towels and remove any stray skins.
- Transfer chickpeas to a baking sheet, drizzle with 1 Tbsp. olive oil, and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Stir chickpeas until evenly coated.
- Roast chickpeas for 20-25 minutes, or until chickpeas are golden and crunchy.
- While the chickpeas roast, prepare the rice as directed on the package. Add the frozen spinach and stir. Cook over low to medium heat until excess liquid has evaporated, stirring occasionally.
- To serve, top the rice with roasted chickpeas. Add Parmesan cheese (optional).