Makes 4 servings
1 teaspoon oil
1 cup onion, chopped
3 garlic cloves, chopped
6 cups collard greens, chopped
1 (15 ounce) can white beans, drained and rinsed
1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
1 tablespoon lemon juice or apple cider vinegar
1/2 teaspoon black pepper or red pepper flakes
1/2 cup parmesan cheese (optional)
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- Add onion and garlic. Cook for 3 minutes.
- Add half of the greens. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the rest of the greens, white beans and chicken
broth. Cover pot with a lid. Cook for 15 minutes.
- Before serving, add lemon juice or apple cider vinegar.
Top with pepper and parmesan cheese, if using.
Tip: Serve beans and greens over pasta, rice or quinoa. Feel free to add extra vegetables to this recipe.
Recipe from: The Greater Pittsburgh Community Food Bank