Makes 8 servings
1 cup canned chickpeas, drained and rinsed
1 (5 ounce) can salmon, drained
1/4 cup breadcrumbs
1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
1 teaspoon white vinegar
1 teaspoon dijon mustard
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon dried dill
1/2 teaspoon paprika
Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Lightly grease a baking sheet and set aside.
- Place the chickpeas in a zip-top bag. Using a heavy pan, mash chickpeas in the bag.
Once the chickpeas are smooth and only have small lumps, set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, lightly beat 1 egg. Add mashed chickpeas. If the canned
salmon has bones, remove them. Add the salmon and the rest of the ingredients.
- Stir with a fork, breaking up the salmon.
- With a 1/3 measuring cup, measure out 8 patties, shaping with your hands, to about
1/2 inch thick.
- Place on a baking sheet for 10 minutes. Flip the patties and cook for 10 more minutes.