1 box macaroni-and-cheese
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup shredded cheddar or Italian cheese
1 tablespoon flour
1 (12.5-ounce) can chicken, drained and shredded with a fork
1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained and rinsed
1/2 cup frozen peas, thawed and drained
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
Pepper, to taste
1/4 cup bread crumbs or crushed crackers
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Prepare macaroni-and-cheese as directed on the package.
- Once prepared, return the macaroni-and-cheese to low heat. Add milk, cheese and flour, and stir until combined.
- Add in chicken, tomatoes, peas and seasonings. Stir until combined.
- Pour into a greased casserole dish or 8×8” baking pan. Top with bread crumbs or crushed crackers.
- Bake for 20 minutes. To brown the bread crumbs, broil for 3 minutes or until the top is golden-brown.