1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting
2 tablespoons sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, cold, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
1 cup milk
1 large apple, such as Gala, Fiji or Granny Smith, cored and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Honey, for serving (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees and line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, stir flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt until mixed. Cut butter into dry ingredients using a fork, until the mix is crumbly.
- Add milk to the dry ingredients and stir until loosely mixed. Fold in apple and cheddar until just mixed.
- Press dough into a 9-inch circle on a lightly floured work surface. Cut into 8 wedges. Place wedges on prepared baking sheet. Bake until light golden-brown, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Serve warm with honey and enjoy.