1 ripe banana
3 tablespoons milk
4 slices of bread
2 teaspoons butter or cooking spray
A sprinkle of ground cinnamon (optional)
- Warm a medium or large pan over medium-low heat and grease with butter or
- In a dish, mash the banana with a fork until smooth.
- Add the egg and milk to the dish. Stir together. If using, add a sprinkle of
cinnamon and stir.
- Lay one slice of bread in the egg mixture, then flip it over so both sides are
coated. Gently shake off extra batter and place the slice of bread in the pan.
Repeat with remaining slices.
- Allow bread to cook until golden brown on one side, about 3 to 4 minutes.
Cook for 1 to 2 minutes on the other side.
- Serve hot with syrup, frozen berries, fresh or canned fruit slices (bananas,
pears, peaches), or with peanut butter.