For many Pennsylvanians, the holiday season is a joy-filled time spent with family, friends, and loved ones. But hunger doesn’t take a break during the holidays, and many of our neighbors will struggle to put food on the table this month and beyond. That is where you come in. There are many ways you can help us make a difference for families struggling with hunger. Below are five ways you can give back this holiday season:
Become a Food Bank or Food Pantry Volunteer
- Feeding Pennsylvania’s network of food banks rely on volunteer support. Spending a few hours volunteering can make a big difference for food banks and the families they serve. Be sure to check with your local food banks for opportunities to volunteer! It’s a great way to make an impact as a family, feel good about doing good, and start a new tradition. Find Your Local Food Bank!
Donate to Feeding Pennsylvania or your Local Food Bank
- Your donation to Feeding Pennsylvania or one of our member food banks keeps hunger relief programs across the state running smoothly. While donating food may seem like the best thing to do to help your local food bank, the Feeding Pennsylvania network of food banks can do even more with a monetary donation! Donate today!
Share on Social Media
- The holidays are a great time for all of us to think about others. Just learning about the level of hunger that exists in our own community is a step in the right direction to addressing this issue. So many people in Pennsylvania are not aware of the need we have in our own communities. By following Feeding Pennsylvania on social media, you can stay informed and help us spread the word! Like, follow, and share Feeding Pennsylvania posts to create awareness and inspire action among your followers to educate them about the serious issue of food insecurity across the state. Follow Feeding Pennsylvania on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn!
Fundraise for the Holidays
- You have the power to make an even bigger impact, just by connecting with the people you know! Starting a fundraiser on Facebook takes just a few minutes, but goes a long way to help families in need. Invite your friends and family to join in the fight to end hunger by donating to your local food bank or to Feeding Pennsylvania. Start Your Facebook Fundraiser NOW!
Shop on AmazonSmiles
- The holiday season is just around the corner and now is the perfect time to make a difference! By simply shopping for gifts on AmazonSmiles or with AmazonSmile ON in the Amazon Shopping app, Amazon will donate 0.5% of your eligible purchases to Feeding Pennsylvania. And what’s great — the donation will be made at no extra cost to you! Start shopping our link today!