- Cut thin slice from bottom end of mango so that it sits flat on counter.
- Cut down along center of mango, cutting against side of flat pit to remove cheek of mango. Repeat with other cheek.
- Holding mango cheek firmly in place with opposite hand. Cut, peel side down, lengthwise and crosswise slices into flesh, without cutting through peel. Repeat with other cheek.
- Hold mango cheek firmly in place with opposite hand. Using a spoon, scoop cube segments out from peel (alternatively Invert mango cheek and cut away cube segments from peel). Repeat with other cheek.
- Trim any remaining flesh from pit. Cut, facing peel side down, and remove flesh.
Tip: To freeze mango slices, space out on baking sheet and freeze until fully hardened. Place into freezer bags and store for up to a year!
Tip: Freeze mango cubes to create smoothies.